Whats the difference between Lavender Extra and Lavender Fine
Lavender essential oil comes in various forms and is often categorized by different names, including Lavender Extra and Lavender Fine. These distinctions are typically based on the quality and the specific chemotypes of the lavender oil. The primary differences between Lavender Extra and Lavender Fine essential oils are as follows:
- Lavender Extra:
- Lavender Extra oil is often considered a high-quality lavender essential oil.
- It is typically derived from Lavandula angustifolia, commonly known as true lavender or English lavender.
- Lavender Extra oil is obtained through steam distillation of the flowering tops of the lavender plant.
- It has a balanced aroma with a sweet, floral scent and a slightly herbaceous undertone.
- Lavender Extra oil is rich in linalool, making it prized for its calming and relaxing properties. It is often used in aromatherapy for stress relief and relaxation.
- It is typically harvested in the wild so the added biodiverisity of other plants add to its medicinal properties.
- Lavender Fine:
- Lavender Fine is also derived from Lavandula angustifolia, like Lavender Extra.
- It is typically considered of good quality but may not always meet the high standards of Lavender Extra.
- Lavender Fine oil is obtained through the steam distillation of the lavender flowers.
- Its aroma is similar to Lavender Extra, with a sweet, floral scent, but the scent profile may vary depending on the growing conditions and distillation process.
- Lavender Fine essential oil also contains linalool and is often used for its soothing and calming properties.
The choice between Lavender Extra and Lavender Fine essential oils may come down to personal preference, as well as the intended use. Both oils have similar therapeutic properties and can be used for relaxation, stress relief, sleep aid, and skin care. The distinction between them is mainly based on the quality and subtle differences in fragrance due to factors such as the geographic origin and cultivation methods.